Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Class Clown

At 38 weeks, I am very obviously pregnant. Thursday, Bill and I were at the OB’s office waiting in line to check in. When the receptionist asked, “Can I help you?” Bill walked up and said, “Yes, we are here for a pregnancy test, please.”

Usually, when Bill makes a joke, I laugh and people see me laughing, which tells them that it is okay for them to laugh, too. But I was thrown off guard by this one and had a look of shock, which told the receptionist that it was okay for her to be shocked, too. She looked like she was about to yell, “We have a Code Purple*, people!” but then Bill laughed and said, “I’m just kidding,” which got me chuckling and the receptionist and the rest of the waiting room roaring with laughter. Oh, my class clown.

*Code Purple is a psychiatric emergency

1 comment:

  1. By the way, we here at Harvard have always thought Bill was a bit "purple" too - good luck on your new arrival - boys are a blast!

    ReplyDelete