Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hungry Hungry Hippo

So, my appetite has finally returned. And it returned with a fierce attitude. The other night, I wanted some roasted potatoes and Bill was kind enough to cook them for me. We were watching TV when the timer went off, so he left to retrieve my delicious snack. But when he returned empty handed, I asked, “Where are the potatoes?” To which he replied, “Oh, they need another 10 minutes.” Upon hearing this, I yelled, “Are you effing kidding me!” Bill actually smiled when I said that, which made me very aware of how crazy I sounded. I was genuinely embarrassed (though I must say that the embarrassment did not prevent me from eagerly holding a plate next to the oven as Bill pulled out the potatoes). I mean, who am I? Food has never been a big part of my life. When Bill travels, I often forget to eat, usually reminded only by the lightheadedness associated with low blood sugar. And now I am flipping out if I have to wait 10 more minutes for a snack. Needless to say, if we hang out, it may be in your best interest to carry some snacks with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment