Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Never Simple

When Holden doesn't want to do something, he'll say he can't do it because he's too tired. So this morning, we had this conversation:
Me: "I'm cleaning up!"
Holden: "I'm just gonna watch cuz I'm tired."
Me: "You've been tired a lot lately. I think we need to take you to the doctor."
Holden: "WHAAAT?!"
Me: "It's not healthy to be so tired all the time. I think you need to see a doctor."
Holden: "Maybe my brain is weird."
Me: "Yeah?"
Holden: "Yeah. It needs more nutrients."
Me: "Should we tell the doctor that when we see him?"
Holden: "Food could work. I probably just need food. Then I'll get nutrients. I need vitamins, too."
Me: "So, if I give you food and vitamins, you'll help me clean?"
Holden: *long pause* then a quiet,"yeah," and he quickly changed the subject,"Hey! Do you see birds outside?"

No comments:

Post a Comment